Programme Manager – Turkey
The Programme Manager Position – is based in Turkey. The programme manager maintains the principal ties between the Farm Groups and Brands. He / She has good InSite in the upstream textile supply chain such as spinning and manufacturing. The Supply Chain Manager oversees the annual cotton sowing to delivery cycle and to this end leads the programme farm officer team in OCA. The Programme manager supply chain reports into the Head of Region South Asia whilst maintaining strong direct ties with the Amsterdam based OCA team.
Farm Programme Management:
- Manage, coordinate, support and delegate all in-country farmer programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation for all projects.
- Ensure farm program implementation timelines remain on track.
- Stay informed on all running OCA programmes to implement the deliverables from these projects into the farm programme.
- Outlining, conducting and/or steering quantitative and qualitative studies on diverse topics with multiple agencies and stakeholders
- Work closely with Programme Officers to implement continuous improvements across programme elements in collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with Programme Officers to flag non-performance and initiate improvement plans for all third party and implementation partners (SWOT, CAP and Scorecards)
- Ensure good communication to Director, South Asia and Europe with regards to at-risk deliverables.
- Work with the FED programme team to put in place efficient and effective systems and processes to meet strategic and operational goals
Farm programme stakeholder relationships.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships with sourcing and buying teams of brands, retailers, and suppliers
- Understand, coordinate, and communicate relevant information and serve as a response problem-solver for brands and suppliers.
- Respond to relevant contributor (brands, IP’s and suppliers) requests for information on quality, supply, price and other parameters of organic cotton available with supply chain actors
Farm programme data management and reporting.
- Ultimately responsible for all progress dashboards and data related to India projects
- Maintain a database of qualified suppliers, traders, agents and farm groups
- Track and maintain a database of volumes from all organic cotton projects across India and assess their ability to partner with brands and suppliers
- Conduct and support brands with support value chain mapping exercise with the brands and retailers at the start of the season to understand the supply chain, fibre source and required quality parameters of fibre and product.
- Research, update and inform brands on material sourcing specific value chain and strategic sourcing changes with focus on Price, Delivery and Quality.
- Manage and support retailers and supplies sourcing team to ensure the nominated farm programmes are linked and traceable from harvest, collection, cottonseed processing, in-country transportation and/or final export of finished lint cotton to appropriate suppliers.
- Work closely with data officer to provide system input, knowhow and maintain a consistent and uniform global data set.
- Translate feedback and learningsfrom the programme to further develop the OCF
OCA Platform Representation and participation:
- Preparing decision-making materials for OCA’s governance bodies, including the Advisory Council, Task Forces and Board of Trustees.
- RepresentOCA in external meetings and conferences.
Administration, HR and operations (10%):
In collaboration with the OCA Head of Region – South Asia:
- Manage the operations of the India office and be responsible for maintaining a healthy work environment and culture
- Other ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Head of Region, South Asia within the scope of the OCA’s programmes.
To apply, click here: Application Form