Do you want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our planet? We are currently recruiting a Partnership Director based in Amsterdam.
The Organic Cotton Accelerator (OCA) believes organic cotton is the catalyst for a truly sustainable textiles sector. OCA’s platform unites the sector to unleash the potential of organic cotton, from field to fashion, for people and the planet. OCA envision a future where, every time a farmer switches to organic cotton, there is a ripple effect of positivity: farmers earn more, and their land and soils are fertile for future generations, protecting our planet. OCA calls this the Organic Cotton Effect.
For OCA to deliver on its mission, the organisation needs the positive engagement and collective action of its Contributor base. OCA’s Contributors, representing organisations from across the organic cotton supply chain, must be inspired, equipped and effectively supported in driving the mission forward. OCA is also keen to expand its Contributors and partner base to deliver its support to a growing number of farmers and achieve the impact we envision. As Partnership Director, you will play a critical role in the organisation by leading the recruitment and active engagement of its Contributors, clearly articulating OCA’s value proposition to the different stakeholder groups, and ensuring the delivery of that value to and by Contributors, old and new.
This is a full-time role, reporting directly to the Executive Director, supported by a small team in Amsterdam as well as different functions at the regional offices. The Partnership Director will develop and steer OCA’s Contributor Engagement and Development Strategy, including the successful recruitment, onboarding, activation, and retainment of its Contributors, leading the deployment of different systems and processes to enhance Contributor engagement, satisfaction and growth. As such, the Partnership Director plays a vital role in enabling OCA and its Contributors to achieve its impact goals for the organic cotton sector, its farming communities, and our planet.
Set direction and develop strategies
- Develop and spearhead the implementation of OCA’s Contributor Development and Engagement Strategy in order to support the organisation in reaching its 2030 strategic priorities, setting the direction for the recruitment, onboarding and engagement of Contributors for OCA globally.
- Build and improve processes and tools for effective Contributor engagement on OCA’s platform and its principal Farm Programme. This includes the development of educational and marketing collateral needed for dissemination of OCA information to (prospective) Contributors.
- Implement a system to monitor performance against strategic targets, including the engagement and satisfaction levels of OCA Contributors.
Lead Contributor engagement and activation toward impact
- Manage OCA’s engagement strategy and procedures that enable our Contributors to successfully participate in OCA’s Platform and Programmes and achieve their impact goals in line with OCA’s mission.
- Lead the required coordination with other OCA teams to ensure each new Contributors’ experience is optimal and foster a positive Contributor experience from onboarding onward, building substantive relationships to increase engagement and retention.
- Plan and spearhead OCA annual Contributor engagement calendar, including the organisation of annual Contributor and stakeholder meetings (virtual and in-person) at the global and regional level, with the support of the regional teams.
- Oversee the maintenance and evolution of OCA’s existing CRM system for optimal Contributor management.
- Ensure regular touch-bases with Contributors to understand their priorities, concerns, challenges and opportunities, allowing OCA to improve service delivery and anticipate and respond to evolving needs.
Grow OCA’s Contributor base
- Drive the growth of OCA’s Contributor base, consisting of brands & retailers and suppliers & manufacturers in the apparel and textiles sector, as well as farm groups and civil society organisations, through the development and implementation of a proactive engagement strategy for prospective Contributors.
- Lead pipeline development for Contributors, optimising the use of our CRM software for prospects and Contributors.
- Represent OCA in public outreach to meet our strategic objectives in Contributor growth, both through our own events as well as in other key sector events.
- Ensure optimal processes for OCA’s Contributor contracting and due diligence procedures- including that of our Implementing Partners.
- Support the revision of OCA’s Contributor fee structure when required as per our strategic and financial targets.
Build and develop an effective team
- Manage a team in Amsterdam as well as empower partnership management support in country offices, helping drive a sense of collective ownership of the new direction for the Partnerships function and empowering them to take an adaptive approach to Contributor management and engagement.
You have a strategic mindset with excellent organisational skills and an engaging and self-motivated attitude. You can build the plans to inspire and guide organisations in joining OCA and actively participate in its Programmes, whilst managing an international team to drive the growth and engagement levels of our Contributor base with the authority required. You possess a hands-on attitude and thrive in a dynamic and team-oriented environment as you will be working closely with the other team units, such as Communications, as well as Programmes and Operations in OCA’s different country offices. You are organised with demonstrated project and time management skills, a strong communicator with the interpersonal ability to develop long-lasting partnerships with Contributors, key stakeholders, and your team, and able to display cultural understanding.
What you bring
- Demonstrated experience of 10+ years in membership, client, or stakeholder engagement and development, or similar relevant experiences
- Experience in the development and execution of strategic plans, preferably in a similar role
- Network and experience in working in the international apparel and footwear industry and/or cotton and agri-commodities industry
- Team player with proven leadership skills in managing cross-cultural teams
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, ideally with strong presentation, training and public speaking skills
- Excellent organisational and time-management abilities
- Affinity with event management and development of marketing materials
- A passion for OCA’s mission and values
- Ability to travel regionally and internationally
- You are eligible to work in the EU
- A full-time position with a long-term perspective
- You will join a committed, international and passionate group of changemakers
- The opportunity to support significant sustainability impact, working from the bustling Fashion for Good Centre in Amsterdam
- The opportunity to contribute to a critical mission: realising the true potential of organic cotton
Please note that this position would require you to be based in Amsterdam at least twice a week and be able to work in the Netherlands without the need for visa sponsorship.
If you’ve realised this is the opportunity for you to bring significant impact or would like to know more, please apply here.
If you have any questions, please contact Thaddeus Tan at email@example.com to enquire further.