Do you want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our planet?
At Organic Cotton Accelerator (OCA), we believe organic cotton is the catalyst for a truly sustainable textile sector. Our platform unites the sector to unleash the potential of organic cotton, from field to fashion, for people and the planet. We envision a future where, every time a farmer switches to organic cotton, there is a ripple effect of positivity: farmers earn more and their land and soils are fertile for future generations, protecting our planet. We call this the Organic Cotton Effect.
As a Financial Administrator, you are part of the global Operations team and report to the Operations Manager based in the Netherlands. Your main responsibility will be the maintenance of financial records for both the projects we execute as well as the overall business. This means processing income and expenditures, managing monthly reconciliations and quarterly closures as well as undertaking a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks. It also includes the financial management of grant funding.
Full-time (32-40hrs) · Amsterdam, Netherlands
Your responsibilities include:
- Manages project finance and admin as well as general finance, including all aspects around checking purchase ledger invoice processes, coding, batching, and posting to the accounts system (ExactOnline)
- Processes credit card payments and expense declarations from employees through our online tool
- Bi-weekly processing of bank transactions including monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepares supplier payment runs, investigates and resolves supplier queries
- Sales Ledger cover, including finalising sales invoices, credit notes and proforma invoices and processing payments received
Grant finance administration
- Supports the process of operational and financial closure of grants and projects, in consultation with the Operations Manager and local accountants
- Contributes to the coordination and follow-up on audits of implementing partners
- Reviews payment requests and ensures payments are processed based on grant agreement, payment schedules, and fund availability
- Prepares timely, complete and accurate project reporting to donors
- Supports and prepares related audit files according to requirements and deadlines
- Prepares quarterly closings
- Supplies financial (management) information to the Operations Manager
- Prepares quarterly budget realisation to department heads
- Supports preparation of financial statements
- Supports the preparation of the budget and longer-term financial forecasts and report variances; performs analysis on income, personnel and other expenses on a needs basis
- Supports financial planning and modelling
Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, economics, finance or an equivalent degree in related fields is required
- At least five years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping, accounting, and filing procedures and practices
- Experience with accounting software (preferably ExactOnline) and Microsoft Office programs, with an intermediate level in Excel
- Experience working with grants projects, including monitoring financial performance and reviewing financial reports, is highly desirable
- Competencies: organising, accuracy, pro-activeness
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal
- Working from the Netherlands & EU citizenship or a valid EU work visa is required to be considered a viable candidate
- Driven to make a difference for people and the planet
- Adheres to OCA’s values: we are honest, inclusive, enterprising, and have grit
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension
- 25 paid holidays per year (based on 40h/week)
- Travel cost compensation when you live further than 10km from the office (public transport)
- We embrace hybrid working and are a minimum of 2 days at the office
- Laptop of your choice (Mac or Windows OS)
- Working from home allowance and support to set up your home office.
- Based at the Fashion for Good centre in the heart of Amsterdam, we offer an international, warm, and collaborative environment that champions our team’s diversity of interests, skills, and backgrounds
- The opportunity to contribute to a critical mission: realising the true potential of organic cotton
- Other social benefits focused on bringing our team together
OCA is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity, regardless of gender, race, nationality, language, origin, social status, belief, convictions or views, age, sexual orientation, disability, ethnic origin or religion and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job-related criteria and the appointment will be based on an applicant’s merits and abilities.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team? Then we’d love to hear from you! We welcome applications in English as well as in Dutch. Apply here.
The deadline for applications is November 5, 2023. If you have any questions, please contact Sharon Essigman at email@example.com.